Thursday, February 18, 2010

Important Information

1. I switched my major three times in college. I was "Exploratory" for a year, International Studies for a year, History for a year, and then I finally switched to English. Does that count as four times?

2. I am really scared of zombies. But I love movies and books about them. I talked to my boyfriend Chris about this awesome zombie book called World War Z, the night we met. And somehow...he still liked me.

3. Speaking of zombies, I sleep with a night light, my bear bear and my sister's dog, Haylie.

4. When I was in college, my sister's boyfriend and I got arrested for being drunk in public and we had to spend the night in jail. Another UOP student was doing a ride along with the police and he got the codes mixed up and almost booked us for prostitution! For some reason I was wearing my ski pants and jacket with slippers (I don’t remember making this decision) which made the prostitution thing even more hilarious. My mom had to pick us up the next morning. It was the first time she had ever met my sister’s boyfriend.

5. My sister's boyfriend was interested in the Mormon Church during this time and called his missionaries from jail at 3 am.

6. A few weeks later I wrote a story in my creative writing class about falling off my bicycle and two Mormon missionaries trying to help me. In my story I run away, terrified.

7. Now, 4 years later: I am Mormon....and engaged to a Mormon Missionary! He is serving in Hamburg, Germany.

8. PS I don’t drink anymore. Duh!

9. I hate driving! I don’t have a car and almost never drive. Good thing Chris loves to drive!

13. I also really hate flying in airplanes, even though I have flown tons. I accept that I am going to die every time and it is very traumatic for me. But it is also exhilarating when I see I am still alive. It surprises me every time.

12. One time my dad wanted me to go on a dirt bike riding trip with him near Bakersfield. I had finals and couldn't drive with him, so he bought me a plane ticket since I wouldn't (couldn't, whatever) drive myself. Bakersfield is only like 220 miles from Stockton. I flew from Sacramento in the morning, had a 4 hour lay over all the way in Phoenix, AZ and then I finally arrived in Bakersfield that night. That is when I knew I sucked at life.

11. I have deep scars on my torso and thigh from my first bad crash on my dirt bike. I wasn’t hurt that bad, but I was so scared I puked in my helmet.

15. Chris and I met in Stockton, at University of the Pacific. We found out later that we were both born in Livermore, CA, at the same hospital and we were even delivered by the same doctor.

16. I teach the five year old Sunday school class at my church. I love it. They say the best prayers. Sometimes they bless the food, even though we are not eating.


17. A few years ago I was Harry Potter for Halloween and none of my friends would dance with me. I also lost my glasses, wand and broom. I should post that picture sometime.

18. I think Alan Rickman is really sexy!

19. I am really good at throwing food up in the air and catching it with my mouth. It may be my only talent.

20. I really love to read, just about everything. Reading is my "hobby". I would say one of my weirdest habits....is to read while I am taking a walk. It is a lot easier than it sounds or else I would claim it as a another talent.

3 comments:

  1. Those are so great! I love the cop/drunk/prostitute one, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a post similar to this! hehehe thank you for finally showing yourself! ;) you are now on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! And that is so crazy you and Chris were delivered by the same doctor!!

    ReplyDelete